TFC


The Book Thief ( 2013 ) :-

This movie is about a young girl who was recently adopted by couples living in Germany during hilter regime and her obsession towards books 'n' reading when things around her shattered slowly due to poverty , starvation and war.  Movie is very very slow and travels in its own pace but what matters is the story , a very beautiful little story portrayed in a elaborated way and especially it was good looking at life of people who survived during fuhrer regime , it allowed us to understand their life style , their pain and how one dictators decision has huge impact on so many life's though this movie concentrates on one little girl .


Sophie NĂ©lisse as Liesel Meminger acted really well and the bond between her adopted parents were very well captured. Added to that , picturization was very stunning and had really good visuals throughout the film like initial top angle shot , Railway station scene etc... Her obsession towards books were so touchy especially when she reads H.G.wells book was damn cool and i am sure any book lovers will have that same nostalgic feel while watching. As of core plot or to know if there was any message from this movie , well i guess this movie has failed in that regards though they say words are life but it wasn't that impacting. But just as a movie alone this is sure a pleasant slow ride and for sure this is not for every movie fans , it would attract only few sets of audience and for them this will be a virtual treat a poetic drama. Added to that , the death itself narrating the story was different and new , it was sure impressive .Overall one more good movie to watch.




Some of my fav quotes in movie :-

Narrator: [Narrator/Death] : The only truth that I truly know is that I am haunted by humans | One small fact: you are going to die. Despite every effort, no one lives forever. Sorry to be such a spoiler. My advice is when the time comes, don't panic. It doesn't seem to help |

Max Vandenburg: Words are life, Liesel. All those pages, they're for you to fill. I'm not lost to you, Liesel. You'll always be able to find me in your words. That's where I'll live on.

Narrator: [Death] I have seen a great many things. I have attended all the world's worst disasters, and worked for the greatest of villains. And I've seen the greatest wonders. But it's still like I said it was: no one lives forever. When I finally came for Liesel, I took selfish pleasure in the knowledge that she had lived her ninety years so wisely. By then, her stories had touched many souls. Some of whom I came to know in passing. Max, whose friendship lasted almost as long as Liesel. Almost. In her final thoughts, she saw the long list of lives that merged with hers. Her three children. Her grandchildren. Her husband. Among them, lit like lanterns, were Hans and Rosa, her brother, and the boy whose hair remained the color of lemons forever. I wanted to tell the book thief she was one of the few souls that made me wonder what it was to live; but in the end, there were no words. Only peace. The only truth I truly know is that I am haunted by humans.




Categories:

Leave a Reply