TFC



Love & Other Drugs (2010)

What stays between two like minded couples when sex is out of proportion considering it available anytime with just a pager away. What i liked most about this movie is how it started off with lust & sexual desires later turned out to be one hell of a romantic drama filled with love and love only. Jake Gyllenhaal ( as Jamie ) and Anne Hathaway ( Maggie ) both their acting was damn brilliant and portrayed their love stunningly well at later off , Anne Hathaway was a charm bubbly and was lovely in this movie . How much they made love between them as much they stayed together no matter what situations arise. Knowing Maggie suffering from Parkinson's disease , Jamie stood by her at all times while love blossomed slowly between them.. 




A weird relationship which started only on sex slowly changed to become love of their life was wonderfully captured. Maggie's choices towards her life , they way she wanted to live and reasons for her up-taking was clearly conveyed .At one point of time even viewers would agree , sympathize for her behavior understanding that as much she loved Jamie n wanted him in her life still she kept on pushing him away as she felt it injustice to spoil a persons life considering her disease which could lead to more drastic situation in later part of her life.




Movie had fun , romance , love and it is just a combo of everything which would easily capture our heart. The later half of the movie was stunning and will capture everyone's heart for sure. Especially the last scene when Jamie propose to Maggie asking her to be with him was a flamboyant scene in entire film and will touch every viewer for sure. Movie is definitely great and please don't get deceived by what title says..rather its more tender love within it. A movie not to be missed. Have fun                                                      
                                                        My fav quotes from the film :-



   
 Jamie Randall: I'm full of shit, okay? No I'm... I'm *knowingly* full of shit. Because, uh... because uh, uh... I have... I have *never* cared about anybody or anything in my entire life. And the thing is, everybody just kind of accepted that. Like, "That's just Jamie." And then you!... Jesus. *You*. You. You didn't see me that way. I have never known anyone who actually believed that I was enough. Until I met you. And then you made me believe it, too. So, uh... unfortunately... I need you. And you need me.

Maggie Murdock: No I don't.

Jamie Randall: Yes you do.

Maggie Murdock: No I don't.

Jamie Randall: *Yes*, you do.

Maggie Murdock: Stop it, stop saying that.

Jamie Randall: You need someone to take care of you.

Maggie Murdock: No, I don't!

Jamie Randall: Everybody does.

Jamie Randall: Let's just say in some alternate universe, there's a couple just like us, okay? Only she's healthy and he's perfect. And their world is about how much they're going to spend on vacation or who's in a bad mood that day, or whether they feel guilty about having a cleaning lady. I don't want to be those people. I want us. You. This.

Jamie Randall: [Last lines] I used to worry a lot about who I'd be when I grew up. You know, like how much money I'd make or, umm, like some day I'd become some big deal. Sometimes, the thing you want most doesn't happen. And sometimes, the thing you never expect does. Like giving up my job in Chicago and everything and deciding to stay and apply to med school. I don't know. You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed... forever.




Categories:

Leave a Reply